I started this blog after seeing The Bloggess at a book signing. She mentioned having trouble doing the recording for her audiobook, and emailing author Neil Gaiman for suggestions. He told her to “pretend you’re good at it.”
I created this blog to be a place for people to:
- read about other people’s experience living with depression and anxiety
- share their own experiences and stories
- find resources for getting help
- realize or be reminded that we don’t have to hide our struggles
- be reminded that we don’t have to be “perfect” moms, wives, daughters, etc.
- have a laugh now and then, even if it’s usually at my expense
I am on a journey to better myself and at the same time to accept myself exactly as I am. I hope you’ll join me with your comments, your stories, your jokes, and your sorrow.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead