Here are just a few places to get help, whether you or someone you know is dealing with temporary or long-term challenges.
- To Write Love on Her Arms
- NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides all kinds of resources including discussion groups, information for veterans or parents of children suffering from a mental illness, and information about specific medications.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Lifeline Crisis Chat
- Center for Women’s Mood Disorders (University of North Carolina)
- Maternal Outreach Mood Services (in Mountain View, California)